RE: [magnitude6] Merry Christmas with a good armature...

A nice Christmass present for all astronomers. An armature that light up
only there where is needed and go noting to the sky.

Nine months ago, the Werkgroep Lichthinder of the Vereniging Voor
Sterrenkunde (VVS) (Workshop Light pollution of the Flemish astronomical
society) developed a high definition grid for an old armature of Schreder,
the Z18. It was developed, tested and measured in a garage box of one of the
members: Geert De Cock. Schreder measured the armature in detail and compare
it with the original version and they where a lot surprised of the result.
At some places the results where more than 10 times better than the original
one. An other interesting point was that in the Z18 that has no IP66 it can
be placed also now when already some years used and make it so a quit good
armature. You can use complete black grid when the used lamp is to strong
and reduce so the reflection, or in a new armature, you can use partly
black, partly blinking grid, with as result that for the same luminance you
can use a lower lamp.

Now Schreder bring this solution in production in one of there newer and
better armatures: The Saffier 2. In the attachement you can find some photos
of the solution. The light goes so good as not out of the width of the road
and to houses after the lamp and the light is better spreaded over the
length of the road.

We have a paper in Dutch of this development. An other member of the
Werkgroep Lichthinder is busy to translate it to English. But it takes time.
When ready it is available for who's interested.

I added also some photos of our original development on the Z18.

Our relation with the armature is quit good. Sometimes they discuss their
answers on lighting projects first with us, and make changes on our advice
before promoting it to their clients

We hope that they will bring it also in other countries on the market. When
you see them, let us know and know also that it is developed by light
polluting fighter amateur astronomers in Flanders Belgium. We hope that this
can be also a nice Christmas present for astronomers in other countries.

Regards,

Friedel
e-mail: 	Friedel.Pas@BVPartners...
Partena:	fpas@partena...