Frosinone success

Mario,

thank you very much for the article on Frosinone in English (I got it
``long ago'' already, just was in a constant hurry). I'll translate it
into Czech as soon as possible. Perhaps some digital images would help,
digitizing the xerox ones would not be the best way -- I'll try to find
them on lightpollution.it.

The idea of simply changing the plastic lenses to flat glass ones is
excellent, in Prague they have huge amounts of Schréder MC2 lamps and in
Brno we have (tens of perhaps) thousands of GE M250 lamps, for both the
producers offer a flat glass. It's just a matter of least cost supplier of
so huge amounts of tempered glasses. I'd be inclined to ask for low-iron
glasses (AFG would have to make them probably), as used for the best solar
collectors, their visual transmissivity is some 2 per cent higher and it
would be an interesting start of using them for fixtures.

clear skies for the I-Z (I got the last good view on March 11, yesterday
barely saw some tail through a cloud)

jenik