New International IDA Sections

Memorandum for IDA Sections, Affiliates and Listservers,

The IDA board of directors has approved two new international sections, one
in  Switzerland and the other in Chile.   On the behalf of nearly 9,000 IDA
members from 77 countries, please join us in sending a warm welcome to our
newest sections!  The contact information for our new sections included
below.

Momentum continues to build at an ever faster pace.  Everywhere, more people
are demanding better quality lighting to control light pollution. This would
not have been possible without your enthusiasm and outstanding efforts.
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

 IDA Switzerland (Dark Skies Switzerland)
 Philipp Heck
 Postfach
 CH-8712 Staefa
 Switzerland
 E-mail: philipp@darksky...
 Website: www.darksky.ch

 IDA Chile
 Roger Leiton
 Descontaminacion Luminica en Chile
 Casilla 603
 La Serena, Chile
 Phone: (011)-56-51-205200.
 Fax:(011)-56-51-205212
 Email: ida_chile@yahoo...

Very Respectfully,
             Bob Gent
             Chair, IDA Sections Working Group and
             European Liaison Officer
             International Dark-Sky Association
                        www.darksky.org
      Protecting the nighttime environment and preserving
   our heritage of dark-skies through quality outdoor lighting

cc:  IDA Board of Directors