Re: Quote for Schreder light fittings

Dear Ihab,

you really amazed me by asking fixture prices from me. Of course, I am
involved in promotion of quality lighting, light pollution reduction and
energy efficiency, and you have probably found one of my examples of
good lighting
 http://astro.sci.muni.cz/pub/hollan/lighting/examples/schreder/

But I am an astronomy/physics teacher and have nothing to do with
commercial activities. On the other side, I would be also interested to
know the available prices for FCO fixtures, Schréder as well as other
ones. If allowed, I would gladly give some information on them (and on the
whole offer of fully shielded lighting fixtures, ballasts (dimmable) etc.
on my academic pages.

I tried to get some e-contact to Schréder but did not much succeed --
their http://www.schreder.com poses an obstacle (javascript) at the very
beginning (a really bad habit, CGI scripts should be preferred to be
browser-independent, as recommended, e.g., at
   Linkname: HTML Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0

I send this letter to some UK representative of Schreder (it was really
obtrusive to click on five menus at first), I hope they answer your
question or forward it to competent people. A French site seemed too
demanding for me.

I am of course prepared to answer your questions regarding prevention of
light pollution, see
   Linkname: Dark Sky Czech Republic

with best regards
Jeník

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, ihab al - jamal wrote:

> Dear sir ,
> Can you please quote your best prices for the supply only of the
> following light fittings : (1) RD 3/1 * 250w Metal Halide Anti - Glare
> Louvre Flood
>      Lights .
>                                         Quantity = 6 Nos
>
> (2) RADIAL - 4 (RD - 4 )
>      1 * 1000w Metal Halide Flood Light . IP - 65
>                                         Quantity = 48
>

> Kind  Regards
>
> I . AL - JAMAL
>
> Tel  : 00 44 (0) 1530 - 812125
> Fax : 00 44 (0) 1530 - 811565

                                Jan Hollan
              N. Copernicus Observatory and Planetarium in Brno
Kraví hora 2, CZ - 616 00 Brno                        +420 (5) 41 32 12 87

                                   home:
Lipová 19, 602 00 Brno                                         43 23 90 96

                 member of the Society for Sustainable Living
             and volunteer of the Ecological counselling Veronica
Panská 9, 602 00 Brno, Czechia                  fax:  +420 (5) 42 21 05 61

e-mail: hollan@ped....cz             http://astro.sci.muni.cz/pub/hollan