[DSLF] Digest Number 1817

There are 3 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Cancer research abstract
           From: Stephen Pauley <spauley2@cox...>
      2. Over the Hedge Cartoon
           From: Mike Hansen <mhansen@einhornresearch...>
      3. Re: Light at night-cancer risk in humans verified
           From: <suchida@mvc....ne.jp>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 13:52:06 -0700
   From: Stephen Pauley <spauley2@cox...>
Subject: Cancer research abstract

<<Sent to me from an upstate environmentalist:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1051202/asp/atleisure/story_5549239.asp
Susan Harder>>
=========================
The research summary article in the above web site has an **incorrect
sentence:**
"Injection of blood from those women who donated during daylight or who
were exposed to light while they slept had no effect on the growth of
the tumours."

Actually the daylight human blood has low mlt. as well as the human blood
from the women exposed to LAN.  Injection of that low mlt blood into
the rats with the
implanted cancer cells caused the cancer cells to proliferate, not
have "no effect
on the growth of the tumors."

And the low rates of tumor growth occurred when:
1) daytime blood (high mlt) was injected;  2) blood from women allowed
to sleep in the dark (high mlt); 3) when mlt. was added to low mlt.
blood samples.

Furthermore, blocking the mlt. receptor sites on the surface of cancer cells
with a commercially manufactured mlt. receptor blocker and preventing the
uptake of mlt. into cancer cells, caused cancer cell proliferation,
proving that
it is indeed the effects of low mlt. causing the cancer cells to grow.

The protective mechanism of mlt. on cancer cells works like this:
the mlt. molecule attaches itself to the cell membranes of the cancer cells
and blocks the uptake of the nutrient linoleic acid (LA) which if allowed
entry into the cancer cell will help it divide and the cancer will
increase in size.
Their measurements of LA levels proves this relationship.

There is no question now that mlt. is indeed the protective agent
IN HUMANS and we need high levels of mlt at night i.e.
we need to sleep in total darkness.

Steve Pauley MD

Message: 2