[DSLF] Digest Number 1384

There are 8 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Degraded Darkness
           From: Jan Hollan <jhollan@amper....muni.cz>
      2. Re: Connecticut now requires FCO on all commercial developments!
           From: "ctstarwchr" <ctstarwchr@aol...>
      3. To make your blood boil...
           From: Darren Baskill <dbl@star....ac.uk>
      4. Re: To make your blood boil...
           From: Mike and Dianne Best <mrbdb@bellsouth...>
      5. Re: To make your blood boil...
           From: "patric@ghostriders..." <patric@ghostriders...>
      6. Re: To make your blood boil...
           From: Bob Bunge <bbunge@ladyandtramp...>
      7. Re: To make your blood boil...
           From: Mike and Dianne Best <mrbdb@bellsouth...>
      8. RE: Degraded Darkness
           From: "Bryant Buchanan" <bbuchan@utica...>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:11:20 +0200 (CEST)
   From: Jan Hollan <jhollan@amper....muni.cz>
Subject: Degraded Darkness

is a title of an excellent article in Conservation In Practice, I came
across recently:
                  Degraded Darkness (by Ben Harder)

There are things I read the first time ever: Bryant Buchanan mentions an
adequate illumination for one kind of frog (0.1 mlx i.e. 0.00001 fc and
less) and a limit at which it avoids activity (over one millilux). Says
that some species prefer even darker conditions.

Let's add than one millilux corresponds to an open landscape illuminated
by a cloudless natural, unpolluted deep night sky.

jenik

Message: 2