[DSLF] Digest Number 1308

There are 5 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Holophane and billboard update
           From: BGSTARLITE@aol...
      2. Sebastin Florida Public Pier Lighting
           From: Mysids@aol...
      3. Re: Holophane is Dark-Skies Friendly
           From: patric@ghostriders...
      4. Re: Holophane is Dark-Skies Friendly
           From: Steve Davis <w2sgd@juno...>
      5. Re: Holophane is Dark-Skies Friendly
           From: ctstarwchr@aol...

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:37:21 EST
   From: BGSTARLITE@aol...
Subject: Re: Holophane and billboard update

   It is interesting that Holophane should be brought up on the list today.
Just yesterday I was talking to the company that owns the sole billboard in
town to determine their mind-set. The owner mentioned that the lights on the
board are holophanes and he knew about IDA. All this before our conversation
really got started. I hadn't mentioned either to him. I just expressed a concern
about light pollution.
To make a long story short, what I achieved was a shut down of the lighted
billboard at midnight rather than the usual 12:35 a.m. Remember, no matter how
small a step forward is, it's better than a step backward. I also established a
good communication with this company and had some other billboard questions
answered honestly.
It's always good to keep the lines of communication friendly. The fewer
enemies we make the farther we'll get in the LP battle.

Bill

Message: 2