           From: "David Keith" <david.keith@mindspring...>
      2. new but not new
           From: "Michael" <ectomorph72@yahoo...>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:12:06 -0600
   From: "David Keith" <david.keith@mindspring...>
Subject: Re: Roadway Lighting and Safety

B.K. wrote:
>Can someone point me toward any published studies showing where and in what
>situations street lights help, and if possible, situations in which there
>hasn't shown to be any improvement?  If you don't know of any particular
>references, in what journals should I search to find possible studies?

The FHWA study "European Road Lighting Technologies" (Sep 2001, Pub. #
FHWA-PL-01-034, Office of International Programs, Tel 202-366-9636,
international@fhwa....gov) discusses the results of recent research into
roadway lighting and safety across Europe.

David M. Keith, FIES               "The world we live in
Marshall Design, Inc.                 is but
1534 Marshall Rd.                     thickened light."
Boulder, CO     80305             ************************
Tel & Fax 303-499-2056           Ralph Waldo Emerson

Message: 2