Topics in this digest:

      1. Subject: Closure of Cineplex Movie Theatres
           From: "Kim Hay" <kimhay@kingston...>
      2. Re: My letter to City Council
           From: ctstarwchr@aol...
      3. National Attention to Loss of Night Sky
           From: "Reg Wilson" <regrw@acay....au>
      4. Re: Subject: Closure of Cineplex Movie Theatres
           From: "Paul Greenhalgh" <fvas@home...>
      5. Sad but true! Aurora Reflectus???
           From: "Paul Greenhalgh" <fvas@home...>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:43:14 -0500
   From: "Kim Hay" <kimhay@kingston...>
Subject: Subject: Closure of Cineplex Movie Theatres

Good Morning,

By now I am sure that you know that the
Loews Cineplex  Entertainment  Corp. has announced the
closure of 23 of its  Canadian theatres

Listed below are the ones in British Columbia.  Angela Squires,  if
you  are on the list, is the one in Vanvouver the one that the  Light
Pollution  Committee  has been fighting ?

Abbotsford: Clearbrook, immediately.
Vancouver: Pinetree on Feb. 20; Station Square
immediately

This is good news for the light pollution aspect, providing the
lights in the  parking lot get turned off, but not good news for
those loosing their jobs.

For the whole story on what other Canadian theatres will be
closed, see  the following URL.

        http://www.canoe.ca/JamMovies/feb16_close-cp.html

Kim Hay

Chair- Kingston Centre RASC

Light Pollution Abatement
Committee

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH
http://www1.kingston.net/kimhay/index.html

Message: 2